The South Pacific seems like it was custom-made for cruising. There are endless islands, beaches and busy ports, each one with something unique to offer the curious traveller. If you’re eyeing up a nautical adventure through one of the most beautiful regions in the world, make sure you check out some of these top places to go on a cruise in the South Pacific.
1. Champagne Beach, Vanuatu Vanuatu is distinctive for its dramatic landscapes, and nowhere is more stunning than Champagne Beach on the island of Espiritu Santo. The long curve of white sand is perfectly inviting for visitors, and even if you stop here with a cruise ship full of people, the surrounding rainforests will make you feel like you are in an isolated and remote paradise.
2. Isle of Pines, New Caledonia New Caledonia is more than just Pacific beauty, it’s French culture and heritage as well. The crystalline waters and pure white sands of the Isle of Pines make the perfect backdrop for sunbathing and enjoying some French culinary treats!
3. Port Denerau, Fiji Denerau is the perfect mix of cultural heritage and natural beauty, so there is something to keep everyone entertained. While you’re there, you can snorkel reefs teeming with colourful marine life, or take a tour to visit a traditional village. For the adrenaline seekers there are also land adventures such as 4WD tours.
4. Bora Bora, Tahiti As Tahiti’s most famous island, Bora Bora is the beauty queen of the South Pacific. Bora Bora has an allure born of impossibly blue lagoons and a backdrop of lush green mountains. It is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, drawing in honeymooners from all over the world. As a playground of sun and sand, this is a destination that everyone will love.
5. Conflict Islands, Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea is one of the hottest cruise destinations in the South Pacific and one of the best new spots to visit here is the Conflict Islands. Remote and accessible only by cruise ships, the 21 islands are a true paradise in the Coral Sea with one of the world’s most diverse reef systems. If you are always mesmerised by the sea life or even if you feel like you’ve seen it all, grab your snorkelling gear (or rent some on the islands) and you will be in for a treat.
Some of the cruise lines that specialise in great itineraries to the South Pacific are Norwegian Cruise Lines, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruise, Royal Caribbean International and Carnival Cruise Line. With so many destinations and ships to choose from, you may have to do more than one cruise! Luckily, Hoot Cruises can help you organise your next cruise, and the one after that, and the one after that…
Book online and if you need assistance, feel free to talk to our friendly Hoot Cruise Champions, we are happy to help! We are open 7 days FreePhone: 0800 99 44 88
When you receive your Online confirmation, remember to quote your AA Smartfuel or AA membership number and save 50c per litre on fuel. T&C apply
Just quote your AA SmartFuel or AA Membership Card Number at the time of cruise payment for savings at the pump! This discount will be applied to your AA SmartFuel account within 48 hours.Tags: Fiji, Hawaii, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific, Tahiti, Vanuatu
Posted in: Carnival Cruise Deals, Cruises from Auckland, Family Cruising, Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) Cruise Deals, P&O Cruise Deals, Princess Cruise Deals, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) Cruise Deals, South Pacific