Meet the HOOT Cruise Team:
- Our HOOT Cruise team love to cruise and are ready to share the latest and greatest cruise holidays with you. We regularly cruise ourselves and also take the opportunity to inspect cruise ships as they visit our shores over the summer months, so we can bring you the most up to date information
Check out our HOOT Cruises Blog for regular Cruise line updates and the latest cruise deals.
Remember when you book your cruise online on our web site, we are right beside you to help with any aspects of your cruise holiday. We love that technology allows you to browse and book 24/7 but it's nice to know we've got your back for any questions or queries about your cruise.
Fraser Cann - Personal Cruise Advisor
I totally believe in the relaxing travel style of cruises that allow you to explore a huge portion of the world as well as some of the most remote inaccessible parts such as Alaska, Antarctica and a lot of the Pacific. Some 8 years ago I saw the opportunities that cruises give you and dedicated myself to becoming a Cruise Master.
In 2017 I became HOOT Cruises second CLA Cruise Master after Jeff
Most Recent Cruises
- Avalon Passion – The Magnificent Europe River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest
- Genting Dream – Hong Kong to Okinawa
- P&O Pacific Jewel – Trans Tasman from Auckland to Sydney
- Blue Lagoon Cruises – Fiji Yasawa Islands
I like my cruise ships to either be a Destination with friends, such as the magnificent Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas with its entertainment, spaces and events or it’s about the Destination itself such as the River or Expedition Cruise Ships
Kay Paulsen - Personal Cruise Advisor
- I started my Travel Career with Hoot Cruises and absolutely love my job, arranging peoples cruise holidays is such a pleasure. Within my first year I was a finalist for “CLIA Rising Star New Zealand” for the CLIA Cruise Awards 2017 and then in 2019 I was a finalist for “CLIA Cruise Consultant of the Year - New Zealand”.
- In 2019 I achieved CLIA Master Accredited status
- My recent cruises include: P&O, Princess Cruises, Holland America, Oceania & Dream Cruises
Favourite Cruise Ship: Gee that’s a hard one as they all have so many different aspects to them. Being able to meet new people, sit back relax with each day bringing new experiences you cannot beat. The Explorer Dream had amazing on-board entertainment, Oceania Regatta was beautiful boutique luxury and the most amazing cuisine. I have enjoyed each cruise ship I have either cruised on or inspected during my time and hopefully will have many more cruises to come.
Jeff Leckey - Managing Director
- I have worked in the Travel Industry my whole working life and have been a fan of cruise holidays ever since I took my first cruise.
What I love about Cruising is that it opens up the world with a different view. Many of the World's most beautiful cities are located on the coast or within easy distance of a Sea Port, so a cruise is the perfect way to take this in.
- I was proud to receive the CLIA Cruise Champion Award for Australasia and have been CLIA Master Accredited since 2013.
HOOT Cruises have also won CLIA awards for Best Online Cruise Agency NZ, Best Cruise Month Campaign and Agency Promotion of the year, together with individual cruise line awards for both sales & marketing.
- I have cruised on all the major cruise lines. My most recent cruises include: Viking River Cruises, Norwegian Encore, Regent Seven Seas Splendor, Ponant Le Laperouse, Oceania Regatta, Silver Muse & Sky Princess
Favourite Cruise Itinerary: This is a tough call! I love close to home cruises as your holiday starts so much quicker when you don't have to take an International flight first. We are also so fortunate to have such beautiful destinations right on our door step in the Pacific.
Our cruise through the Panama Canal was something we had always wanted to do and certainly over delivered. River Cruising is also a favourite of mine, as you literally slip through the heart of Europe with no transport hassles, it has to be the easiest way to tour the old country!
Meet Moana - Our Chief Chatty Officer
At Hoot Cruises we are all about personal service, but sometimes we need to sleep!
As we never want you to miss out on a great cruise holiday, you can book our great cruise deals online 24/7 PLUS let us introduce you to Moana our friendly Chat-Bot.
Moana is available 24/7 and is always ready to collect your travel wish list to send them to our HOOT Cruises Kiwi team for action.
If you are online and want some help Click Here to Talk to Moana our Chief Chatty Officer.
Some of the HOOT Cruises Team cruising around New Zealand on Oceania Regatta in January 2020